Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion Generator / Reactor?
Rainbow 
So, Savage, when do we get to play with the plans?  Smile
Oh, today Smile  Thanks Savage for creating (and posting) the plans! 

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to make one or build one!  (Styrene/abs vs Lego)

Curious why you went with a smaller # of panels for the top than slicing it up at the 11 fins (so same part 11x?) [EDIT: I had remembered the # of fins incorrectly first time, there are 11]

FWIW, I added a Wiki page for it http://www.rebeldroids.net/wiki/index.ph..._Generator - if folks have construction tips, etc, they can flesh that out.
(01-21-2017, 11:51 AM)kresty Wrote: Oh, today Smile  Thanks Savage for creating (and posting) the plans! 

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to make one or build one!  (Styrene/abs vs Lego)

Curious why you went with a smaller # of panels for the top than slicing it up at the 13 fins (so same part 13x?) [Edit: there are really 11 fins]

FWIW, I added a Wiki page for it http://www.rebeldroids.net/wiki/index.ph..._Generator - if folks have construction tips, etc, they can flesh that out.

Awesome! Wiki page will be very helpful since I wasn't able to put together instructions yet. 

I went with the number of fins I thought matched the reference. Smile
(01-21-2017, 03:06 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Awesome! Wiki page will be very helpful since I wasn't able to put together instructions yet. 

I went with the number of fins I thought matched the reference. Smile

Oops, my mistake, I meant that the # of sections (6) in the print didn't seem to match the # of fins (11) (I misremembered # of fins, sorry for confusion).
What's the thickness of the flat pack styrene? Does it matter much?
Oh Crap!! I completely forgot to include that information! Once again, thanks for catching that.

This one is cut out of 1/16 styrene:

[Image: normal_flatPieceLayout_01.jpg]

the other two are cut out of 1/8.
Does the _2 in those file names mean you need 2x of them?  (I know that does for the stls, but those have the x)  (I think I answered my question, I think each of the flat pack sheets is cut 1x)

I added the thickness to the wiki page http://www.rebeldroids.net/wiki/index.ph...nstruction
Next question Smile
[Image: normal_Extra_Line_Question.png]

My laser cutter software is going to try to cut all the lines, but these parts seem to have inner lines.

Are those where the other parts attach or something?  I'm pretty sure I'd end up with 2 parts for the top one and a too-skinny part for the bottom one.  (That's sheet 02_flatPieceLayout)
Can we safely assume that the parts that look the same for the flatpack are indeed the same? Eg: if doing it by hand we can just use the first as a template for the rest?
Another good catch!!

Let me explain . .  .

[Image: normal_Extra_Line_Question.jpg]