Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue One: is it just me or...
Did it seem like there weren't a lot of droids onscreen, compared to The Force Awakens?

I counted a Death Star droid, a couple of assassin droids, a couple of R5 units, a couple of err - cameos, and one mouse droid. Oh... and some sort of treadwell/mechanic droid at the beginning. Didn't notice any power droids or anything else.
100% death proof

[Image: qBQpDd.jpg]
(12-18-2016, 12:36 PM)deathproof Wrote: Did it seem like there weren't a lot of droids onscreen, compared to The Force Awakens?

I counted a Death Star droid, a couple of assassin droids, a couple of R5 units, a couple of err - cameos, and one mouse droid. Oh... and some sort of treadwell/mechanic droid at the beginning. Didn't notice any power droids or anything else.

I haven't seen it yet, but that sounds like more droids than The Force Awakens to me. I probably won't get to see it until after the first of year, but I'll keep my eyes peeled
Havn´t seen it yet either.
There was at least one GNK in there. A lot in the hangar including Chopper but they cut so fast it was hard to spot.
Not see it yet and will wait until its out of BlueRay ....
There were a few, mostly short. Mouse droid was almost more heard than seen.

I liked the moisture vaporator stuff - not a droid, but good tie in to the era.
(12-19-2016, 08:32 PM)Murasaki Wrote: Not see it yet and will wait until its out of BlueRay ....

Why wouldn't you want to see it on the big screen? I've seen it once and I'm going back to see the 3-D version, which is supposed to be even better.
(12-25-2016, 11:36 PM)deathproof Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 08:32 PM)Murasaki Wrote: Not see it yet and will wait until its out of BlueRay ....

Why wouldn't you want to see it on the big screen? I've seen it once and I'm going back to see the 3-D version, which is supposed to be even better.

I'm confused, why would bluray have to be a small screen?
Quote:I'm confused, why would bluray have to be a small screen?

It depends on what someone calls "small".

[Image: KopievonHeimkino2014001_zpsbd614fbb.jpg]

Mine is 2,5m wide. Enough for me for most movies (i was glad i waited for the BR of TFA), but some i still prefer to see in GOOD cinemas (usually a 200Km drive to satisfy my needs). We planned to see R1 in the new year, after the masses are fed up. Smile
(12-26-2016, 09:13 AM)Lichtbringer Wrote:
Quote:I'm confused, why would bluray have to be a small screen?

It depends on what someone calls "small".

Mine is 2,5m wide.

You're right, that is small. ;-) I've got a meter on you - but you have way cooler décor.

I still preferred the IMAX to be sure - Ours isn't such a long drive though!  Some movies don't matter very much (Sully probably), but Star Wars movies usually has a lot of visual stuff going on.