Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different models of the Gonk Droid
A while back I did a search for the "correct" bins for the Sand Crawler gonk droid and was unable to find anything. I searched UK sources as well as what was available in the US. As Dyne said, the ones the used for the actual droid in '77, to the best of my knowledge, simply aren't available anymore. I think that may also have been part of the reason that we haven't seen that particular model of gonk ever since. Even they couldn't find the same materials to build more, so they just made new, different ones.

I figured that when I finally build my own gonk that I'll build the body from scratch to better achieve the correct look and dimensions.

Wookiepedia says that C-3P0 is a little bit more than 67 inches tall.  I don't consider this image to be incredibly accurate, but I fee like it's a good enough ball park for whatever I might ultimately do.  Maybe this will help, but use this information or discard it as you see fit, as it's certainly not official. (All dimensions are in inches.)

[Image: normal_GonkDimensions.PNG]
(09-20-2017, 06:11 AM)Dyne Wrote: I don't have much info myself, but I browsed around and "Trooper TK409" posted an old thread on the rpf, wherein Gonk size was estimated as 57" tall, 29" deep, and 18" wide.  They said correctly sized bins were hard to find, and used 18 gallon bins (for a costume for a 7 year old, mind you).

Edit: Didn't you build one already?  Or does therpf have their own completely different DeathProof that was doing a Gonk this year?

Addendum: There is a brief glimpse of the Gonk costume that I saw at Dragoncon @ 1:37 in this video.  No idea who it belongs to.  
It's also seen @ 2:32 with (if I'm not mistaken) shmorgan's R2.

That's some other guy. I'm not in the 501st - I don't have the money or the ego for it.
Did someone post this one yet?

Gonk Gladiator?