Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Damage!
So, the topic of Battle Damage came up.  Maybe we can have a thread to share our tales.  I'll start.  Non a non-astromech, but, well, here goes...

Our builds are Lego, so "damage" isn't terribly uncommon.

Ironically this is one of my favorite pix of our droids.  The Tuskan Raider's expression is just priceless.

[Image: 13970376638_74c6f39d4f_c.jpg]
L3-G0 Face Plant
It isn't much but the battle damage on my MSE-6 is from my daughters attempt to jump over the droid, she didn't get high enough and caught the top edge of the shell with her foot, the whole thing flipped over, separated into two parts and bounced several times.

Chunks of paint missing from the front edges, LED's on one edge have been trashed, the aluminium fins in front of the side board have been bent and a couple of the capacitors on the board are no more, but like I have said, it add's character!

My daughter isn't too clever with the controls either but I am glad I made the shell from plywood, it's very tough little thing.
Ah, little kids and the mice. They love to jump over them, chase them. Stop in front of them. Want you to go under their legs, etc!
Doing my first comic con with the mouse next month in Birmingham, I dread to think what will happen there!
My son has tossed both his Thinkways R2 and Wall-E ... He killed R2's dome, which I am kind of happy ... Now it gives me a reason to rip the thing apart and put in a real RC system, MP3 Trigger and PS Control ...and 3D Print a new dome.
#TuskenLivesMatter
(10-25-2016, 02:33 PM)Murasaeki Wrote: My son has tossed both his Thinkways R2 and Wall-E ... He killed R2's dome, which I am kind of happy ... Now it gives me a reason to rip the thing apart and put in a real RC system, MP3 Trigger and PS Control ...and 3D Print a new dome.

Looks fixable to me!
I forgot about this thread...  

This one isn't so obvious, however we were doing maintenance and have discovered rust...  I guess driving in the fountain can have a long-term health impact!