Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds (or lack thereof)
Sounds for the Sentry Droid is an interesting topic.  I'm not sure how I feel about making my own, except that we'll have to invent sounds since he didn't make any. 

Kinda curious if any noises ever bounced through Oliver's head while he was building him.  Realize that's a longshot, but I can't imagine any other reference unless they actually thought of using him more actively somewhere.

I figured since he's a Sentry he'll need some sort of alarm sound, I was wondering about some sort of sonar-ping'ing sound too.  That's about as far as I got.
I am surprised you didn't jump to the only sound I have heard for a sentry droid and that is on the Lego game for the Force Awakens.  Next time my son and I play it I will try and record it.
(10-18-2016, 10:44 AM)jollyg Wrote: I am surprised you didn't jump to the only sound I have heard for a sentry droid and that is on the Lego game for the Force Awakens.  Next time my son and I play it I will try and record it.

Ooo.... I haven't played it!  (I know, shocking, but true).  That's great to know!  Not sure how I can get it, but cool.

Does it "do" anything else in the game?
(10-18-2016, 10:44 AM)jollyg Wrote: I am surprised you didn't jump to the only sound I have heard for a sentry droid and that is on the Lego game for the Force Awakens.  Next time my son and I play it I will try and record it.

So, I (finally) played the game a little and the noises I've heard it make are mouse-like Smile  Are there others?  Did you manage to capture anything?
I'm still thinking of noises. Lara wants some sort of "scanning" noise (it's supposed to be a sentry, right? And it acts patrol-like in the film). Then some sort of "detection" and "alarm" noises.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to get the noises from the game or if its worth the effort..