Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian's H015
Greetings, all.  I am Brian, and I'm from northern Iowa.  I decided to try my hand at building a H015 sentry droid.  I started with downloading and printing the plans provided by this group.  Thank you very much!  This afternoon, I rough-cut most of the pieces.  Not sure a pile of rectangular plastic sheets is worthy of pictures just yet, but I hope to post some when there's something to see.  Wish me luck.
-------------------
Brian Lubkeman
Welcome Brian!! and good luck!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you. Those are version one of the plans, so there may be some bugs to work out. You're the first person to use those plans from the start (other people have used only parts of the plans) so it's exciting! We can also help with (sort of) assembly instructions along the way.

Again, good luck! We look forward to seeing how it all comes together.
Yippee, more Sentry Droids!
Welcome in the club. I'm looking forward to see your progress!
Good Day mate and welcome to the forum .. Please post a lot of photographs, we all love photographs.
It has been a long time since I last posted. Since then I have made virtually no progress on the droid body, but instead, I have plunged feet first into tinkering with a custom remote control system based on the R2 Builders R-Series controller.

I'm hoping to use two Arduino UNOs - one for the controller and and one for the transceiver. I have a Wii nunchuck for directional control and two Xbee RF modules to get the two Arduinos talking. I even think that I have formulas in place to manage a holonomic drive (not yet proven). I have thoughts of adding a 2.8" LCD display with touchscreen that will give the driver extra input and output options. This is still a work in progress, but it has been exciting and engaging to tackle.

If I actually get it working, I'll make it available to the public domain for anyone else to use with their sentry droid.
-------------------
Brian Lubkeman
I'm working (well, plan to be working on) an XBee thing as well. I'll probably print a custom shell and might even do PCBs to make things smaller...