Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheap Arduino sound (mp3) module
I just posted this in the Facebook Mouse Droid Builders group, and I thought that this is also interesting here. The DFPLayer module is a really cheap solution for playing sounds (mp3, wav) on the Arduino (via serial connection). It is available for less than $2.- on AliExpress. The module can access more than 25,000 files on a microSD cards (up to 32GB, formatted to FAT16 or FAT32), and can directly drive a speaker (mono) or be connected to a stereo amp via its line out.
Some people (including me in my initial attempts) have experienced some hum or buzzing sounds when connecting the module to the Arduino. I have tested a reliable setup and I am currently implementing this in my mouse droid and other droids. For those who are interested, I have posted a detailed description on my blog. This also describes how to use the original commands, so that no additional library is required.

My only remaining question is now: What sounds does the H015 droid make? Where can I get the soundfiles ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To the best of my knowledge they were never audible at any point during the film. Which, in my mind, means you can make up whatever sounds you like until more information comes along.
Who knows, maybe if the sounds you choose are awesome enough they'll use something like them for the next film the sentry droids are in Smile
My last comment about the sounds was actually more tongue-in-cheek. H015 was always pretty much in the background, and there were definitely no audible sounds from that little guy. Since H015 is sometimes referred to as the "new mouse droid", I thought about reusing the mouse droid sounds - but since these are already used in my mouse droid, that would make it somehow boring, in particular if the two appear together.
I really love Savagecreature's idea of creating some new sounds, establishing the "standard" for H015. While I keep that idea in mind, this may be beyond my abilities/available time. For the moment, this comment, however, inspired me to search the web for some (hopefully free) robot/sci-fi sounds to see if anything fits. This will give it some unique personality.
My sound guy is currently off getting married, so I can't pester him, but when he returns I'll see if I can get him to put together some stuff for us that we can check out and see what we like, etc. It'd be fun to see what he would come up with. Smile (as another option.)
I thought I'd started a thread on sound for the sentry, but I don't see it. Guess I'll do that now Smile  http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=254

Normal mouse droids don't have many sounds either Sad