Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Added HTML5 Image Uploader
I got fed up with the old flash-based thing, so I enabled the HTML5 upload plugin, which is recommended.

After clicking "images", and "upload" (and creating an album if necessary), please choose the HTML5 uploader from the drop-down selection.

[Image: normal_HTML5_Uploader~0.png]
HTML5 Uploading Example
Pick "Multiple Files - HTML5-driven for the best experience!

To use the HTML5 uploader, provide a title for your images (or select the checkbox), and add a default description &/or keywords.

You can either browse for images or just drag & drop onto the target.  They'll be queued for upload, when finished a continue option with an "Edit uploaded files" button will appear at the bottom.  On that page you can tweak the individual titles &/or details as need be.
very cool Thank you for doing that!
(06-27-2019, 07:31 PM)savagecreature Wrote: very cool Thank you for doing that!

I'd been thinking about it for a while (like maybe writing something even), because I was getting tired of the Flash prompts... but then it occurred to me that maybe someone'd already done it... Sure enough, HTML 5 uploads already existed, just needed to make them work.

What I'm not sure about is why it thinks the Flash version is "preferred".  I'd like to fix everyone's defaults, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.  Of course I only spent a few minutes on the problem, so maybe it's not hard.
(06-27-2019, 09:36 PM)kresty Wrote: What I'm not sure about is why it thinks the Flash version is "preferred".  I'd like to fix everyone's defaults, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.  Of course I only spent a few minutes on the problem, so maybe it's not hard.

Ah, found a "default upload mode" config flag and flipped it. Hopefully everyone'll have HTML 5 by default now. (or at least new accounts.)