Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty's One-Armed Bandit (Controller)
I don't have much, but I've mentioned to some that I'd like to do something like Ed's X-Bee Controller, and so I'm working on that.  We'll use it first for the White Mouse, and probably the normal mouse, and BB-8, and maybe L3-G0, in that order.  But, of course, I can't just make it exactly like Ed's.

To start I just wanted a feel for it, so I printed one of Ed's controllers.  I knew I wasn't going to use it, so I did really course 0.3mm layer heights for speed, but it still turned out pretty well Smile

[Image: normal_Shawn_Playing_with_Controller_She...x60729.jpg]
Controller mockups
Just getting a feel for it.

It was a little bigger than I expected, an Lara has trouble wrapping her hand around it.  I already knew I was looking at a variation, so I thought maybe something a little more organic like a Nunchuck controller.  Finding a model of one was tough, but I ended up getting a really (bad) rough mockup (on Thingiverse if anyone cares).  Here it is next to a real Nunchuck:

Like I said, I'm not really expecting to use either of these, I just printed them to get a feel for the concepts, how well they fit, and where electronics might go.  I'm not great at curvy models, but I'm going to try going with the nunchuck and seeing if I can fit what we want in it - it won't look like a nunchuck when I'm done with it!
Looking good ... I like Ed's idea ...