Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSE-6 Build notes
Cool!!! That's just a scratch, Lara knows battle damage!
Today, I actually got some time to myself to finish the droid.

The couple of jobs were installing the Arduino for controlling the lights and a quick paint job to give a distressed look.

The Arduino was pretty straight forward and I have three different flash intervals for a bunch of lights along with a single morse code flash for one light. The code is a little primitive and I'm sure there's a much simpler code to do the same job but it works how I want and is easy to adjust so I'm going to leave it for now.

Not sure if it was such a good idea but I've added a stencilled 'empire' logo on the back which I think I will distress a little more, it didn't come out as clean as I would have liked but it's something I can work on (or get rid of!!)

I used a grey and grey brown emulsion wash over the two halves of the shell then added some grate polish over the top to add a black metallic effect, looks good in bright sunlight but I think I might continue to work on the aged look.

A couple of better pictures, getting dark now.

Looks pretty cool, very blinky!
cool Smile Kinda like the "squad car" version.
A short film from before lights and sounds

It's always so blasted fun to see any robot drive around. Smile
My 'Rebels' mouse will soon be having a face lift. I've managed to get my hands on a set of 3D printed top greeblies, these were obtained from RWA Creations in the UK.

More on the transformation soon.
few extra bits added and primed ready for paint

Those look great. I love White Mouse Parts.