Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toolbox Droid
(But does it really count as a droid if JJ never let it move on screen?)
Sorry, it was late (early) and Inferno was lost and we were stressed so I was trying to just find shots while lost cat pix were uploading (he got back shortly later, but it's frustrating losing a cat while you're in the wrong hemisphere).

Thanks for making it easier to see Smile  Wish there were other angles.  Not sure if its symmetrical.  Interesting the paint seems different than what Lee showed in the slide.

(07-18-2016, 07:36 AM)savagecreature Wrote: larger versions for people like me who couldn't even see what kresty was talking about:

[Image: normal_toolbox_02.jpg]
https://youtu.be/RzzWmTIVv3c?t=2m45s has more pictures of the toolbox droid. I must've been looking the other way and missed the first couple slides - they also aren't at my odd oblique angle.
I had grabbed these, but I've been so busy with the sentry droid that I hadn't taken a minute to post them.

[Image: normal_toolbox_03.jpg]

[Image: normal_toolbox_04.jpg]

[Image: normal_toolbox_05.jpg]
Lara saw this pix and immediately said "We are not building one of these, right?" I paused. She waited, then continued "Well, at least not until the white mouse?"
(07-23-2016, 09:16 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I had grabbed these, but I've been so busy with the sentry droid that I hadn't taken a minute to post them.

[Image: normal_toolbox_03.jpg]

[Image: normal_toolbox_04.jpg]

[Image: normal_toolbox_05.jpg]
so you see your post twice, or is it just me?
I stomped on the duplicate. Recently it's been not acting like posted and then when it does appear to do something it says I already posted that... Clearly it didn't catch it this time. Probably slow internet.

(07-24-2016, 01:29 PM)savagecreature Wrote: so you see your post twice, or is it just me?
Rewatched TFA and we saw it move Smile

After they return from Starkiller base in TFA there's a long shot of the Leia and Rey hugging on the tarmac.  Behind them is the toolbox droid moving slowly.

This surprised me 'cause Oliver'd said that whenever it was on set they were directed not to move it because it was so loud - 'course loud doesn't matter so much in this long shot.

Also it seems to have something sitting on it as there's something protruding above its head.

Took & edited stills from page 80 http://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-...s-2015/80/
Just to throw something into the pot!!

I work in the clothing industry so I'm always working from images and transforming these into patterns for finished garments, when I looked at the update to this thread at work this morning I started to scribble on my pad and came up with some possible dimensions for the toolbox droid based on 110cm waist high 

Do the dimensions exist already?
That's a good start, we know very little about this droid, and AFAIK, nobody's started a build.  I'm mildly tempted because it has tracks, but there is so little info it is a bit intimidating!

(10-10-2016, 12:40 AM)Roger Booth Wrote: ... and came up with some possible dimensions for the toolbox droid based on 110cm waist high 

Do the dimensions exist already?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=118]

Plus I had no clue one could add images as attachments, interesting.