Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDW Mouse Droid
Ah yes, the mouse droids, what fun! We picked up a set of shells at DroidCon. For the internals, my plan was to use mostly things on hand, even if it sacrificed a little "screen accuracy". Initially I wanted to have it running for a July 4th parade, and early prospects looked good. My dad donated a couple old rc cars to the cause. The car I wanted to use was missing a controller. I acquired a Futaba magnum junior from a co-worker for a very fair price, but turns out it's the set for gas cars, no ESC. With obstacles mounting, we shelved the mouse for now.
I did get the shells painted. Progress always feels good. After a year on R2, and with the buzz from DroidCon still ringing in my ears, I'm excited to branch out into other droids.     [Image: 2673d887687487f88dcff0c68c1bbfad.jpg]
"Schubert Droid Works" on FB, @SchubertDroids on Twitter
Looks great!

My MSE has been giving me reproachful looks every time I walk by it. I'm going to have to take it down and get back to work on it, soon. I've got an astromech in the way, right now, however.
I wonder if these shells can be made from alu for a reasonable price.  Undecided

Would be soooooo cool.  Angel
Hmm, those pictures...interesting. I apparently used two different ways to attach an image in Tapatalk.
"Schubert Droid Works" on FB, @SchubertDroids on Twitter
(07-06-2016, 09:10 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Looks great!

My MSE has been giving me reproachful looks every time I walk by it. I'm going to have to take it down and get back to work on it, soon.   I've got an astromech in the way, right now, however.

Thanks, I'm happy with the paint job.  Now just need to do more.  
I know what you mean about the astromech...hogging all our time and energy.... Wink
(07-07-2016, 01:44 AM)Lichtbringer Wrote: I wonder if these shells can be made from alu for a reasonable price.  Undecided

Would be soooooo cool.  Angel

That's an interesting idea.  Seems like I saw a flatpack print to download, like the Dave E R2 plans, to cut out of styrene.  I bet that could be converted.  You could probably get away with pretty thing material, too.  It's just a box, after all.  hehe...