Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
imperial droid?? any info??
any information on an imperial probe droid??? this is the next one after my pit droid I would like to build
Mmm, very tasty. No intel yet...but I'm sure that can change. Empire is my favorite SW movie, so this is one of those droids that made me go "wow!" back in the day. Probably would be a cool build.
"Schubert Droid Works" on FB, @SchubertDroids on Twitter
I've been collecting information for a while now, it just hasn't risen to the top of the priority list yet. I don't like to harass my sources for information unless I'm actually ready to do something with it. I've always loved this droid, and it's little brother from Clone Wars. Once I've got some of these other droids that are already in progress wrapped up I'll get started on this one. (of course there's nothing saying you guys can't beat me to it Smile)
Are you planning to do a life size build?  I've always thought it would be cool to have one of these guys hanging out in the back yard!
[Image: yeb9i.jpg]
Where's that from?
It's production photo. It was taken on set during the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star II, if I recall correctly. It's part of my reference collection, too. Awesome image.

or did you mean the internet source?
I meant "where in the movie?" I didn't remember it (which isn't the same as me not noticing before)
I had never noticed it before either, but I just watched the scene from ROTJ, around 37 min in.
Looks like there are two of them in the middle right of this image.  One is on its own, near the astromechs, the other is in the shadow near the pilots:
[Image: star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-4364.jpg]

Top left corner, among the gunners:
[Image: star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-4380.jpg]

You can just make out the big red eye, behind Vader's head
[Image: star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-4488.jpg]
Told Ya! Wink
What's the point of making droids do the parade ground thing? I don't remember seeing the Astromechs before either - maybe I need to pay more attention.