Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H-015 measurements
I'm not as stupid as I thought.

(08-22-2016, 07:35 PM)kresty Wrote: From the Lego thread:
That leads me to a preliminary width of 68 Lego Studs. Which isn't even close to sane. 68 studs is 544mm or almost 21 1/2" wide. Worse, there's a gap between the shell and the Lego on the bottom. Not sure how big the gap is, but maybe a stud worth. So that gets us up to about 22" at the "bottom" of the skirt (excluding the feet).

Savage's plans where the Lego comes out show 19.85", so that's a difference of nearly 2".  I have a difficult time explaining that.

However:  I helped lift the thing off the stage, and the larger dimensions are consistent with our impression of the overall size of it.  Lara & I "feel" like it at least 2' wide, probably a few inches wider.

After all that thinking, I remembered other information.  The base of the feet is really close to 25 3/4" wide. Like within 1/8" or so.

Sorry I forgot to tell you Savage!
Just want to reinforce:  The width of the real droid is a hair more than 65cm or almost 25 3/4" wide.  Perhaps 25 5/8", but really close to that.  Eg: If you measured from the bottom left edge of the skirt down in the corner to the bottom right edge of the skirt, you would see 25 3/4" on your ruler.

[Image: normal_H015_Sentry_Droid_Width.JPG]
Sentry Droid is 25 5/8" wide
The measurement from the outer edges of the base is 25 5/8" wide (might be a hair larger, but that's probably within 1/8")

I first noticed this because the Lego Greebles don't fit in Savage's plans.  I mentioned it before, but Alan & Giles have confirmed that they don't quite fit.  Note that Savage's head is really accurate, and it looks good overall, so I'm not sure where the error crept in.
I'm not sure it helps much, I found a measure of around 23.5" with a known object from the floor to the flat of the top of the head (not antennae). I'm guessing that's about +/- 1/2". The angles weren't great in the photo, but it should be in the ballpark.