Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treadwell Plans are in Downloads Section
In case you're a dip like me and didn't realize the plans were here - which I knew once, but forgot - Treadwell plans can be found in the files section!

You can find them here:

Treadwell Plans
Did some converting to metric.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm, maybe plans should start metric? (That might hurt Savage's head)
Next to everyone around the world uses metric. Angel

But when someone does work to help others, we shouldn´t complain.  Blush
(07-11-2016, 01:21 PM)Lichtbringer Wrote: Next to everyone around the world uses metric. Angel

But when someone does work to help others, we shouldn´t complain.  Blush

US builders might be wierd.  I don't mind metric (even might prefer it a little), but some folks seem confused by it.
I build robots. I use metric all the friggin' time. Smile Stepper motors and bearings are all in metric, these days. I tend to switch back and forth based on the units the raw materials will be in. There's no use talking about 3mm styrene when it's actually .125 in (an eighth) because the error propagates and 'causes problems later. As I have complained many times, it's just difficult to get metric stuff here in the states. Took me two years to finally find some hardware suppliers that'll sell me metric bolts at a reasonable price. The metric stuff at the hardware store next door is literally 25 times more expensive than the ASE equivalent
(07-11-2016, 02:03 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I build robots. I use metric all the friggin' time. Smile Stepper motors and bearings are all in metric, these days. I tend to switch back and forth based on the units the raw materials will be in. There's no use talking about 3mm styrene when it's actually .125 in (an eighth) because the error propagates and 'causes problems later.  As I have complained many times, it's just difficult to get metric stuff here in the states. Took me two years to finally find some hardware suppliers that'll sell me metric bolts at a reasonable price. The metric stuff at the hardware store next door is literally 25 times more expensive than the ASE equivalent

I hate that the metric selection at the hardware store is so poor, same chain I think.  At least they have some Sad
(07-11-2016, 02:09 PM)kresty Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 02:03 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I build robots. I use metric all the friggin' time. Smile Stepper motors and bearings are all in metric, these days. I tend to switch back and forth based on the units the raw materials will be in. There's no use talking about 3mm styrene when it's actually .125 in (an eighth) because the error propagates and 'causes problems later.  As I have complained many times, it's just difficult to get metric stuff here in the states. Took me two years to finally find some hardware suppliers that'll sell me metric bolts at a reasonable price. The metric stuff at the hardware store next door is literally 25 times more expensive than the ASE equivalent

I hate that the metric selection at the hardware store is so poor, same chain I think.  At least they have some Sad
Oh, and I hate that the units we do use are getting skinnier.  1/2 plywood isn't 1/2 inch any more, and a gallon of paint isn't a gallon.  What's with that?
(07-11-2016, 02:03 PM)savagecreature Wrote: There's no use talking about 3mm styrene when it's actually .125 in (an eighth) because the error propagates and 'causes problems later.

The crux is .... no matter if those errors propagates, as only 3mm is available and no 3,175 (i assume it´s that way in most metric using countries, too), there is no way to get the second - which makes it hard to use them.
(07-11-2016, 03:44 PM)Lichtbringer Wrote: The crux is .... no matter if those errors propagates, as only 3mm is available and no 3,175 (i assume it´s that way in most metric using countries, too), there is no way to get the second - which makes it hard to use them.

Yes! definitely. That's exactly what I was talking about 'cept on the other end of that. Because I can only purchase ASE supplies for most of this stuff I make the plans in ASE, as I intend to build the things I make the plans for.

I would be more than happy, moving forward, to create metric versions of the plans as well. (and I don't mean just converting the values)  I apologize for being so Americentric previously. It had just never occurred to me.

However, not to shift blame, but to give credit where credit is due, I didn't even make these plans. These are the old plans that have been circulating for years. I don't know who actually made them, but they checked out accuracy-wise, so I put them here