Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H015 appearances in TFA
From the first moment when I saw the postings in this forum, I became interested in building this little friend. Now, as a starting point, I have compiled H015's appearances in "The Force Awakens" on my blog. Here I am adding my favorite scenes in which H015 crosses paths with MSE-6 (at 22:34), and an appearance of two H015s together with a MSE-6 (at 9:59).

Cool, I was going to watch for screen grabs but haven't gotten around to it yet. Any clear pix?
You give any thought to it's movement?  I mean IIRC it kinds "orbits" and moves slowly, so maybe some sort of holonomic drive system?  (That'd do spinning pretty easily)

Nothing jumped out at me and said "this 1/8 scale car frame would work great for this".

That said, it looks like it shouldn't be too hard...

(05-19-2016, 09:38 AM)Markus Wrote: From the first moment when I saw the postings in this forum, I became interested in building this little friend. Now, as a starting point, I have compiled H015's appearances in "The Force Awakens" on my blog. Here I am adding my favorite scenes in which H015 crosses paths with MSE-6 (at 22:34), and an appearance of two H015s together with a MSE-6 (at 9:59).
I am thinking a tread system so it has that 360 rotation.  Also, a pneumatic lift system for the body for uneven terrain.
(05-20-2016, 07:24 PM)kresty Wrote: You give any thought to it's movement?  I mean IIRC it kinds "orbits" and moves slowly, so maybe some sort of holonomic drive system?  (That'd do spinning pretty easily)

Nothing jumped out at me and said "this 1/8 scale car frame would work great for this".

A holonomic drive system (I had to look that up ...) would probably be the proper solution for this droid. In particular if you place one omni-wheel in each corner, that's how the original seems to work. But this would probably also make it quite expensive. I think I will go for a 2 wheel drive plus a caster wheel for mine.
Based on the movements in the show, I strongly suspect it was built off something like a Roomba, and that it is basically a two-wheel system with the casters in the corner just for balance.  There's no reason for the prop to have corner wheel drives and two-wheels is more than adaquate and simple.

(06-13-2016, 12:26 PM)Markus Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 07:24 PM)kresty Wrote: You give any thought to it's movement?  I mean IIRC it kinds "orbits" and moves slowly, so maybe some sort of holonomic drive system?  (That'd do spinning pretty easily)

A holonomic drive system (I had to look that up ...) would probably be the proper solution for this droid. In particular if you place one omni-wheel in each corner, that's how the original seems to work. But this would probably also make it quite expensive. I think I will go for a 2 wheel drive plus a caster wheel for mine.
FWIW, a few pix from TFA with Sentry Droids - Both on the Star Destroyer and Starkiller Base.

[Image: normal_Sentry_Droid_StarWarsScreenCaps_com-Page6-2.jpg]
H-015 Sentry Droid on Star Destroyer around Jakku
H015 Sentry Droids in Star Destroyer Hanger as Poe and Finn arrive after raid on Jakku

[Image: normal_Sentry_Droid_StarWarsScreenCaps_com-Page6.jpg]
H015 Sentry Droids in Star Destroyer Hanger as Poe and Finn arrive after raid on Jakku

[Image: normal_Sentry_Droid_StarWarsScreenCaps_com-Page13.jpg]
Sentry Droid in Star Destroyer Hanger Bay as Finn & Poe escape

[Image: normal_Sentry_Droid_StarWarsScreenCaps_com-Page63.jpg]
H-015 Sentry Droid on Starkiller Base
Sentry Droid in hall on Starkiller Base as Rey escapes

All from http://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-...akens-2015 - pages 6, 13 & 63