Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Lynelle wants to build
What? Nobody's posted here yet? Well, let me be the first then.
I'm researching the original R1 (page 28 of the New Essential Guide to Droids) as seen in ANH. He's big, he's ugly, but he's cool. See my build thread about it.

I also have a strong desire to build a pit droid, but that will be a much later project. And just to be fair to all, I'm also a Trekkie (hey, I can be both), so I'm researching the Galileo so I can build a shell over my mouse droid, something I can quickly velcro on and off.

Ah, droid building, it's just so much fun!
"To do is to be" - Socrates
"To be is to do" - Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

http://r2-al.blogspot.com
Galileo? Like the Enterprise shuttle? It is sorta the same shape, I suppose.

Then you'll have a little remote control shuttle driving around, huh?
Kinda a cool idea! Probably be the only one at any Star Trek convention, I'd wager.

I've more than once thought about the pit droids myself, but I'm obsessed with making them move and I haven't figured that part out yet. Maybe at some point in the future we can put our heads together. Big Grin
(10-12-2014, 01:54 PM)lynellephi Wrote: I also have a strong desire to build a pit droid, but that will be a much later project. And just to be fair to all, I'm also a Trekkie (hey, I can be both), so I'm researching the Galileo so I can build a shell over my mouse droid, something I can quickly velcro on and off.
Galileo over the droid? Galileo would be a bit shorter, no? Are most mice just like tops on RC cars (those can change pretty quick), or is it more attached than that.

Instead of Velcro-over would it be possible to remove it and snap on another?

MCK-Y could actually sort of maybe do that now that I think of it.
Yep, that shuttle! I was thinking of a top and bottom shell like the mouse but having some sort of system to take off the mouse shell (which I currently can do with ease by lifting up the top shell and removing the side rails) and quickly put on the Galileo shell. The mouse bottom shell is permanently attached to the chassis, so I would need a way to have the Galileo bottom shell go over the bottom mouse shell. Velcro was just something from the top of my head since quickness of changing out shells is important to me. I'm still planning it all out, but yeah, it's going to be cool.

Yeah, how to pound on the pit droid head to make it move is not going to be easy to figure out. LOL
"To do is to be" - Socrates
"To be is to do" - Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

http://r2-al.blogspot.com
How's yer Gallileo doing?