Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB8builders.club
BB-8 
Well, for BB-8 the facebook group seems to now be heading toward http://bb8builders.club FWIW.
Interesting.  I remember when the site went up and a lot of folks were like, "Lousy upstart. Who does he think he is?"

Times they are-a-changin' it would seem

I like that it's a forum, though, instead of facebook. (for whatever my opinions worth)
(03-06-2016, 10:02 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Interesting.  I remember when the site went up and a lot of folks were like, "Lousy upstart. Who does he think he is?"

Times they are-a-changin' it would seem

I like that it's a forum, though, instead of facebook. (for whatever my opinions worth)
I think it's odd that it's shifting around & stuff.  I guess maybe 'cause astromech is so stable.
Think its because Facebook site is a pain in the arse, when you are tying to find information.
I guess I never really understood why they moved to Facebook in the first place, is all. Astromech.net made sections for BB-8, etc, they could have just stayed there. I would have said that it was because it's a forum and they're too old school for the younger crowd, but now they've moved back to a forum, so I don't know.

Not being a BB8 fan I don't have any allegiance either way, it's just, like Kresty said, odd.
(03-09-2016, 07:59 AM)savagecreature Wrote: I guess I never really understood why they moved to Facebook in the first place, is all. Astromech.net made sections for BB-8, etc, they could have just stayed there.  I would have said that it was because it's a forum and they're too old school for the younger crowd, but now they've moved back to a forum, so I don't know.

Not being a BB8 fan I don't have any allegiance either way, it's just, like Kresty said, odd.

Yea, I don't quite get why it went from Astromech to Facebook to another site. 
Think they want to separate BB droids from R droids, which I find stupid as both are Astromech and should have stayed on one forum .. now you have to be a member of half a dozen forums for anything you are building, its a pain in the arse.

Also I think maybe because of the build councils rules on Astromech is a little too strict for some. I think they may shoot my idea down ... but its a easier way to build R2 Body

I am working on a CS:R frame/skin design so you buy a front and rear and just bolt together which gives you the frame and skin in only two pieces like how the hasbro toys are designed ...

[Image: CO_R2D2_20_zpsqbs7jls0.jpg]

Then you buy a skirt and bolt that on and ya done .. body complete ...all doors will be hinged and set up so people can add servos etc .. because the current way of building R2 is a pain in the arse also, and waiting on runs and bits and pieces is what I think is driving a lot of people away .. People want to build R2 and a few months not a few years.

Body/Frame will be hard plastic, then people just need to buy CS:R items like coin slots, vents, power couplings etc etc and place in the body

Have not thought about legs as of yet, but plan on doing something with them, maybe hard plastic horse shoes, boasters etc ...
You murdered a droid!
Not yet ... that photo is from the net ... I am waiting for my son to kill his Thinkway R2 so I can hack that apart and converted it and make a 3D copy for other droids like a R6 and R7 ...