Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's 3PO?????
Yipes, this topic is EMPTY!!!!!  Someone should at least post a pix or something!  I know that the other places where he's come up aren't very active, but surely there's some info about him out there?

[Image: Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-R2D2-and-C3PO.jpg]
A guy on EBay was selling this, met him at TRU in Ontario, CA and got thing for a lot cheaper and no shipping. It will need a lot of work, I was told that it might be based on the Don post sculpt. Thin fiberglass layups, arms and head are foam filled and torso is 2 halfs bonded together.  I also have another upper torso I got off of Astromech and a vacume formed head from a previous run there too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That looks good! Good project!
Not sure if he will go C-3PO or somthing more sinister like 0-0-0 Triple Zero from the recent comics. It all depends on how well the Fiberglass cleans up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yipes, that's a scary sounding droid!
(06-01-2016, 09:43 PM)Lunchboxwars Wrote: Not sure if he will go C-3PO or somthing more sinister like 0-0-0 Triple Zero from the recent comics. It all depends on how well the Fiberglass cleans up.
that's a really cool comic panel. I have a great many of the comics from the 70's. The quality has gotten SO much better.

Is he just silver chrome like TC-13 in Phantom Menace?
From panel to panel and book to book, he can go from almost a matte black, to a nice gun metal gray with a nice shine to him. His companion BT-1 changes even more, sometimes a R5 style dome, other times a smooth version of the conical R4 dome. They play a large part in the "Vader" series comics story arc. And there is of course some evil hilarity at work like the slap stick between C-3PO and R2, but dark, very dark. 
There's a guy in Omaha who did a good 000 as a costume. He did it in shiny black.
"Schubert Droid Works" on FB, @SchubertDroids on Twitter
This guy built his own vacuum table to make C3P0 parts. I am not sure if he carved the molds himself or not. I believe there's a link to his web site in this video that may have more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maH5Ech0wK8
That's James! All of us know James. (don't we?)