Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Sentry Droid
Oliver & Lee hinted at a new droid and it shows up... Someone called it a white Roomba, but it's a bit tall for that.  Cat's might like to ride on it though!  It was only there briefly, and I have no pix.

It's kinda like a pyramid with it's top lopped off like a mesa.  Bottom edges aren't straight though, seems to bow out a little toward the corners.  Seems a little bigger than a mouse.
http://rebeldroids.net/gallery/albums/us..._large.jpg
Yippee, Thanks Savage!!!!
(12-20-2015, 06:47 PM)kresty Wrote: Yippee, Thanks Savage!!!!

Where's that from?
My copy of the Visual Dictionary arrived a couple of days ago. I grabbed a better quality scan of the Sentry Droid this morning, cleaned it up a little.  Here ya go.

[Image: SentryDroid.jpg]

Not quite enough information to build an accurate one, yet. Hopefully we'll get some more images soon.
Thanks, Lara got that and the Art book too for Christmas.  I'll upload the couple drawings when I have a chance, it has a couple more.  Oliver said that it's really close to the built one.

The casters on the end are interesting, and I noticed them in the movie 2nd time through reminding me of Roombas (they're hard to spot, not in for long).  They spin in circles about their center and move slowly, might even be able to do that with Lego motors.  One big catch for displaying is that, as background, they didn't get any sounds....
(12-30-2015, 11:44 AM)kresty Wrote: Thanks, Lara got that and the Art book too for Christmas.  I'll upload the couple drawings when I have a chance, it has a couple more.  Oliver said that it's really close to the built one.

The casters on the end are interesting, and I noticed them in the movie 2nd time through reminding me of Roombas (they're hard to spot, not in for long).  They spin in circles about their center and move slowly, might even be able to do that with Lego motors.  One big catch for displaying is that, as background, they didn't get any sounds....

Oh, I'd made a category for him, so I'd posted my photo there.  Good way to pad the forum's post count!