Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geekin' Out
I can't believe I'm doing this 'cause normally I'm a lot more reserved about these sorts of things, but . . .

I must admit, I thought it was pretty darn cool that the goggles Rey is wearing when she's crawling around in the crashed star destroyer are the old eye pieces from a storm trooper helmet!

[Image: normal_rey_01.jpg]

Should we see how predictable The Force Awakens is going to be?   I predict that Rey sneaks off by herself, possibly on a regular basis, to scavenge whatever she can use from the crashed ships strewn about her home planet, including the crashed star destroyer we see in the second trailer.   I'll go even further to say that I bet you this is how we're introduced to her. Body and head entirely covered, slinking around the silent, ominous skeletons of battles fought long ago, until, surprise! we discover it's an attractive young woman under all that fabric and mystery.

Whatcha think?
I didn't notice the eyes. That's pretty cool. I'm really liking the potential of the movie, I hope they don't ($*& it up! I haven't been this interested for a movie in a while.
Close to 50 here and I am jumping about like a school girl over this movie ... cannot wait.
(10-20-2015, 05:43 PM)Murasaki Wrote: Close to 50 here and I am jumping about like a school girl over this movie ... cannot wait.

Same. I was 5 years old when the original came out in '77.
(10-20-2015, 06:57 PM)deathproof Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 05:43 PM)Murasaki Wrote: Close to 50 here and I am jumping about like a school girl over this movie ... cannot wait.

Same. I was 5 years old when the original came out in '77.

I was 13.  When the star destroyer flew over our heads it seemed to go on and on forever and I was hooked.

However, so many years in the industry has left me a little jaded and I have a 'we'll wait and see' attitude about this upcoming film.

I hope it's as awesome as we all want it to be.
(10-20-2015, 07:53 PM)savagecreature Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 06:57 PM)deathproof Wrote: I hope it's as awesome as we all want it to be.
That's the thing about crappy looking movies (I mean ones that look bad in the trailers).  If they're a little bit good you're thrilled.

But too much hype for good movies can kill them too.  They can be great, but if you were expecting more you get disappointed.  (Maybe why everyone hates Jar Jar).  I sure hope it's close to our expectations.