Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Droids!
One other pix http://www.starwarstoynews.com/pz-4c0-st...-revealed/ and a pointer to a story he shows up in.
PZ is actually a female character assigned to Leia initially to record her memoirs. I believe that there is a female actor within the costume as well. I made some notes on this photo in which you can see female hips. In addition I think the eye hole is the gap above the chest. Notice also that there are double shoulder bells. It looks like the actor's shoulder actual is under the lower bell with a layered bell on top to give the impression of a high shoulder to fit taller proportions.
[Image: normal_pz2_75ad_zpslbka218g.jpg]
PZ kinda looks like the Jaffa from Stargate.
"Schubert Droid Works" on FB, @SchubertDroids on Twitter
I think the red one reminds a little of something you might see in the game 'Portal 2'
An image of PZ-4C0 in The Force Awakens working on an X-wing before they attack Starkiller Base.

[Image: normal_TFA_talldroid.JPG]
Hmm, interesting.
I don't remember you listing this one Savage:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=33565&d=1460480019]

Thread on astromech: http://astromech.net/forums/showthread.p...post372974
(10-30-2015, 07:39 PM)savagecreature Wrote: 'nother new droid from The Force Awakens!

[Image: normal_pz2_75ad.jpg]

His name is PZ-4C0 and that's pretty much all I know about him.  There's a toy out for him, too.

I have to admit, I sorta hope he's not too important of a character 'cause I think he's sorta . . goofy lookin'. I don't like the crazy horse neck. 

Here's another look at 'im from starwars.com:

[Image: normal_pz-4co_starwarsdotcom.jpeg]

Aw, I thought he looked kinda neat.

I'm guessing the actor can see through one or both of those things on the neck.
Though the new droids in The Force Awakens are scarce, there are a few more than it seemed at first glance.  Found another this morning while I was procrastinating.  He's standing right behind  R0-4L0. the big yellow one. Not very exciting to me as far as building one goes, but still cool to see something new.

[Image: normal_tfa_droid.jpg]

It seems to me that a lot of the new robots that were introduced in the most recent film are less interesting than what we had before. Boxes with wheels and such. Not that there aren't some notable exceptions, but I feel like the background universe in Star Wars used to be richer.
Cool! And RO-LO's cool too, I didn't realize he was out of the ship at any time. Guess they had to use Artoo's body for something other than just standing around?

(05-01-2016, 09:21 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Though the new droids in The Force Awakens are scarce, there are a few more than it seemed at first glance.  Found another this morning while I was procrastinating.  He's standing right behind  R0-4L0. the big yellow one. Not very exciting to me as far as building one goes, but still cool to see something new.

[Image: normal_tfa_droid.jpg]

It seems to me that a lot of the new robots that were introduced in the most recent film are less interesting than what we had before. Boxes with wheels and such. Not that there aren't some notable exceptions, but I feel like the background universe in Star Wars used to be richer.