Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savage tries the Jedi Training Remote
So, I ordered some six inch diameter plastic Christmas ornaments. They were much less expensive that the acrylic spheres that could be had from other suppliers. I took one of them and cut it in half, a much more difficult proposition than I had thought it would be, and poured hydrocal into it to use it as a chuck for vacuforming training remote bodies. It's a mighty simple, but important first step.

[Image: normal_remoteChuck.jpg]
Are you going to add any detail on the mold for the vacuumforming stuff?
Nope. All the detail gets glued on the outside of the vacuformed ball. I think if I tried to vacuform the detail into the body it would be too soft. (not sharp enough)
(11-15-2014, 07:47 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Nope. All the detail gets glued on the outside of the vacuformed ball. I think if I tried to vacuform the detail into the body it would be too soft. (not sharp enough)

Ah
(11-17-2014, 04:31 PM)kresty Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 07:47 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Nope. All the detail gets glued on the outside of the vacuformed ball. I think if I tried to vacuform the detail into the body it would be too soft. (not sharp enough)

Ah

Done anything more with this? It was looking good so far.
(07-21-2015, 06:53 AM)Rhyno45 Wrote:
(11-17-2014, 04:31 PM)kresty Wrote: Done anything more with this? It was looking good so far.

Knowing savage he probably started another 5 droids instead ;-)
I'm curious too Smile I know Savage finishes the competition bots! (For every finished one are there a dozen in parts lying around?)