Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostbusters costume
(10-04-2015, 10:02 PM)deathproof Wrote: I just really hope the coveralls fit. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to have to return them for a larger size if that's how it goes.

Literally a pain in the ass if they're too small?  You have almost a month.  Carrots and celery for you! ;-)

Looks like you're having fun, cool costume.
(10-05-2015, 10:18 AM)kresty Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 10:02 PM)deathproof Wrote: I just really hope the coveralls fit. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to have to return them for a larger size if that's how it goes.

Literally a pain in the ass if they're too small?  You have almost a month.  Carrots and celery for you! ;-)

They fit in the seat, it's my gut thats the problem.

(and I already lost 30 pounds - imagine how heavy I was before)

It's not out of the question I could lose more weight before Halloween but the simplest solution is just get the next size larger. Sigh.

Anyway, got the decals on for the ghost trap. Pretty happy with the results:

[Image: asFhhb.jpg]
(10-05-2015, 11:10 AM)deathproof Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 10:18 AM)kresty Wrote:

They fit in the seat, it's my gut thats the problem.

(and I already lost 30 pounds - imagine how heavy I was before)

Impressive.  And jealous.
Got the black coveralls today. They fit. Barely. Having a sewing place up the street put the patches on for cheap... they have a program for learning-disabled kids to do simple sewing projects for people.

Continuing with the proton pack. I'm hoping to have most of the components attached to the motherboard over the next couple of days and then bring it into the shop to paint. Then add details, shoulder straps and proton gun.
The trap looks awesome. You'd never guess by looking at it that it's mostly cardboard Smile
(10-17-2015, 10:26 AM)savagecreature Wrote: The trap looks awesome. You'd never guess by looking at it that it's mostly cardboard Smile

Thanks!

Actually just had the tailor drop off the coveralls with the Ghostbusters logo and Venkman patches sewn on.

That just leaves finishing the proton pack. I got two of the larger components mocked up the other night. Just need to attach them and a couple more parts, then bring it to the shop to paint. Once that's done I should just be able to add a few decals, pipes and wires. Doesn't have to be 100% accurate since I'm not going for convention-level detail. Then attach the shoulder straps and finally finish with the positron glider. Hoping to have it completed by the end of next week.

I need to bring my WED-17's eyes in to finish the paint job. After fixing the eyes I painted the unpainted bits black and now I need to (hopefully) paint that part the same blue as the rest.

Ready to start assembling the base. Initially I will hold down the sides with hot glue and then insert 1 1/2" nails for a little extra support. When the glue is hardened I will bolt down a couple of 1 x 2 strips of wood to strengthen the base and give the sides a little something more firm to attach to.
Attached a couple more pieces... although there's at least 1 or two more I have to manufacture, I'm dying to see how this looks painted, so I think I'll take it into work tomorrow and put a couple of layers of black on it.

[Image: ddKK6T.jpg]

I figure it's about 75% done. Have to add 2 more components, then the decals and tubes/wires, and finally the proton gun.
Cool! Bring on the paint! Can't wait to see it.
(10-19-2015, 05:49 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Cool! Bring on the paint!   Can't wait to see it.

Did a couple of layers of primer and a little black, but ran out of the black.

Still an improvement, though!

[Image: jTLJSs.jpg]
An improvement indeed!