Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would use a rebeldroids wiki?
And what kinds of things could go there?
You could base it off of the Wiki they have on the Astromech Forum, have proper blue prints, wiring diagrams, sound files, list of parts etc also list of droids like MSE Mouse, Scrubbers, etc
(09-28-2015, 03:15 PM)Murasaki Wrote: You could base it off of the Wiki they have on the Astromech Forum, have proper blue prints, wiring diagrams, sound files, list of parts etc also list of droids like MSE Mouse, Scrubbers, etc

There's a Ghostbusters Wiki, too - I downloaded the plans for a proton pack and ghost trap from there last week.
And who would stick all that stuff there?  Esp @ first when there wouldn't likely be much content?
We already have a fairly extensive area for plans, sound files, and even code. That was one of the 'improvements' rebeldroids had over astromech when it launched, as asromech was still hosting files on Yahoo. As far as who would post them, just like astromech.net, there's sort of an approval process for posting plans, but anyone can contribute. (besides just posting them in a thread, I mean. Also just like astromech)  Not that I'm saying we shouldn't have a wiki. We've actually already got one, it's just not live because it needs a bit of refinement.

If you haven't already, you should check out our Images and Files area.  It's not just a place for pictures. It's been set up so you can upload any sort of file you'd like.  You can upload images, PDFs, text files, wavs or MP3s . . whatever, to your own album as well. So if you've got plans or sounds or something that you'd like to upload to the site you can put them in your own album and link to them in the forum. If they're awesome, one of the admins will ask you if it would be acceptable to move them to the permanent archive.
Hey, savage, where's the wiki?