Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiyo from South Jersey
As me and my fellow Jerseyans brace for the impending Pope-a-palooza visit in neighboring Philadelphia, I'm building a replica WED-15-77 (also known as one of the Treadwell droids or a Service Droid, as seen in the Aunt Beru action figure 2-pack)

I've already posted my development in the Build Logs section.

I own a small computer store here. I run a D & D game once a week and play in another bi-weekly. Play quite a bit of Diablo 3 online although I'm getting tired of it.

I'm trying to hone my building skills with the WED-15 build, plus I'm helping a friend of mine to fix up his house. My next project will be a polystyrene R5-D4 so I want to redevelop my building skills before I tackle it. I already got the plans printed out - holy crap. Cost me about $150 just for that, not including printouts of the instructions. (that part I can print at work, though) I'm hoping to get started on the R5-D4 build around November if I can afford the polystyrene sheets.

So - hello!
100% death proof

[Image: qBQpDd.jpg]
(09-25-2015, 06:45 AM)deathproof Wrote: As me and my fellow Jerseyans brace for the impending Pope-a-palooza visit in neighboring Philadelphia, I'm building a replica WED-15-77 (also known as one of the Treadwell droids or a Service Droid, as seen in the Aunt Beru action figure 2-pack)

I've already posted my development in the Build Logs section.

I own a small computer store here. I run a D & D game once a week and play in another bi-weekly. Play quite a bit of Diablo 3 online although I'm getting tired of it.

I'm trying to hone my building skills with the WED-15 build, plus I'm helping a friend of mine to fix up his house. My next project will be a polystyrene R5-D4 so I want to redevelop my building skills before I tackle it. I already got the plans printed out - holy crap. Cost me about $150 just for that, not including printouts of the instructions. (that part I can print at work, though) I'm hoping to get started on the R5-D4 build around November if I can afford the polystyrene sheets.

So - hello!

I know, right? 150 just for the plans.  this is definitely not a cheap hobby.  But I'm addicted and you know how addicts are when they need a fix. Smile
Welcome, looking forward to your build!
(09-25-2015, 07:01 AM)savagecreature Wrote: I know, right? 150 just for the plans.  this is definitely not a cheap hobby.  But I'm addicted and you know how addicts are when they need a fix. Smile

Yep... I'm already planning out a couple of other projects. I don't know what it was, but something really lit a fire under my ass to start building and fixing stuff.

If I can acquire the right jumpsuit, I'm planning on going as a Ghostbuster for Halloween, so I'll have to build a cheap proton pack and ghost trap. Those I'll probably just do with cardboard, though, as I expect I'll only wear them once. I know there's guys out there who make some pretty nice vacuum-plastic molds of the packs to make them look more realistic but with this impending R5-D4 project I really shouldn't be spending all that extra cash.

I've kind of got my eye on the 2X&KPR droid which looks fairly simple compared to these other monstrosities:

[Image: X7b7EB.jpg]

(any chance someone has plans or closeups of him?)
Welcome .... very interesting ....