Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Treadwell Build
I hate this thread. Every time I see it I think "gee, how would I do that in Lego?" ;-)
(11-07-2015, 12:45 AM)Paul6700 Wrote: Your droid is looking great so far. I haven't been on Rebel Droids in quite some time and it is good to see there is another Treadwell builder out there. I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

Thank you, sir. It was your build that inspired me to try mine!
(11-07-2015, 01:19 AM)kresty Wrote: I hate this thread.  Every time I see it I think "gee, how would I do that in Lego?" ;-)

Carefully.  Smile

The only hard part would be building the treads, IMO.
(11-07-2015, 06:55 PM)deathproof Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 01:19 AM)kresty Wrote: I hate this thread.  Every time I see it I think "gee, how would I do that in Lego?" ;-)

Carefully.  Smile

I've actually thought about it a tiny bit.. which is a bit terrifying since there's already 2 droids in the queue.  Anyway, looking good!
(11-08-2015, 01:23 AM)kresty Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 06:55 PM)deathproof Wrote:

Carefully.  Smile

I've actually thought about it a tiny bit.. which is a bit terrifying since there's already 2 droids in the queue.  Anyway, looking good!

Which ones? I know you're working on the BB-8
Went to Home Depot today - couldn't find a black rubber mat with a pattern I liked for the treads. Maybe try my local hardware store tomorrow.

I picked up one 3" PVC coupler and a can of foam filler which is what Bloody Plastic used for his wheels. I'm only doing 1 for starters to make sure it's going to look okay when it's done/
Savage was talking about the flexible 3D material. I'm so curious if they could be printed...
I might have found some cheaper blower motor belts on Ebay. Just waiting for the seller to confirm the length. (or circumference, really)
I can't wait to see a Lego Treadwell. You suffer from the same affliction we all, it is called "Iwanttobuildthatonetoo" disease.
Bot Builder
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PaulsBots
(11-14-2015, 09:20 AM)Paul6700 Wrote: I can't wait to see a Lego Treadwell. You suffer from the same affliction we all, it is called "Iwanttobuildthatonetoo" disease.

I could collect them all!  But then I'd have to make a Lego Sandcrawler.... and Lego sand to display them on?