Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different models of the Gonk Droid
I was poking around the interwebs looking for more GNK reference and realizing just how much variability there is with these little buggers. They're like astromechs when it comes to model variation, only worse.

my favorite is still the original, from the Jawa sandcrawler, etc.

[Image: JawaGNK~0.jpg]

He's always in the dark or the distant background so it's difficult to see details.  The one in Rogue One and The Force Awakens (which we've discussed is probably the same droid) looks a great deal like this one, in general if not in detail.

But it seems if any of us intend to build one of these droids there's a great deal of freedom afforded us in our designs

[Image: normal_Gonk1.jpg]    [Image: normal_TFA_GNK.png]

I wish there were more behind the scenes images we could get so a 'standard' could be established for at least on model.  It seems that we even most often see GNKs from the same angle so we have to guess on what their right sides look like.

[Image: GNKWatoShp.jpg]

I guess when I start mine I'll just go from this image from the old edition of The Essential Guide to Droids and fill in the details as best I can.

[Image: normal_GnkScrtDroids.png]

All of the images required to present my random ramblings have been included in the GNK Power Droids reference album in the images area.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Different models of the Gonk Droid - by savagecreature - 06-10-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Different models of the Gonk Droid - by Dyne - 09-20-2017, 06:11 AM