Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do Jawas have a "Demolitionmech" Droid
(10-22-2017, 07:24 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Cool! That's an awesome backstory! (and in credibly nerdy Smile)  Did you read that somewhere or come up with it on your own?

In a strange way I feel much better about it now.

Combination. The pre-history of Tattooine is on Wookiepedia, most of which I believe is considered canon. That includes the Tusken Raiders and their society with clear Native American influences (bonding with banthas, getting revenge on settlers for breaking treaties, etc.) and the Jawas who created a completely new society based on Sandcrawlers, droids and scrap, to the point where clans of Jawas will have massive "swap meets" out in the desert to trade parts.

I was just spitballing on the demo droid's origins and uses... although Wookiepedia does state this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LIN-V8K

"LIN-V8K was an LIN Demolitionmech droid used for mining operations. He planted explosives on rocks to clear a path in mines. He could see through radiation, fog and even sand and light ground fill. He was found by Jawas on Tatooine at an abandoned military garrison. The Jawa sandcrawler, in which he was to be sold from was later raided by the Galactic Empire. LIN-V8K was rescued by the Squib trader Macemillian-winduarté before the Imperials destroyed the sandcrawler."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do Jawas have a "Demolitionmech" Droid - by deathproof - 10-23-2017, 09:20 PM