Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonata's AT-AT
I've always loved AT-ATs. Ever since I first saw The Empire Strikes Back when I was little. As a result, I got this crazy idea - how cool would it be to have a little AT-AT running around the house? I harbored this idea for a while, but decided to pursue it a) when I had more time, and b) when I had a better grasp on how to engineer a robotic walker.

Requirements a and b have been fulfilled, so I just dove right in!

A company called fascinations has a line of tiny sheet metal Star Wars figures, one of which being an AT-AT. I had already bought one and assembled it for my father (and it now sits proudly with his clone trooper and R2), so I decided to buy another one, scan it, enlarge it, and then base the simple frame off of it. Other than a few mistakes made on my part in enlarging, changing, and improving the blueprints to be fabricated in styrene (rather than metal), it's worked fantastically.

I decided to start with the head, so I pulled the pieces of the metal model I needed, broke them apart, worked some photoshop magic to turn them into blueprints, and voila! I was able to cut all of the base pieces of the head:

[Image: normal_SAM_1205.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Sonata's AT-AT - by Sonata - 07-24-2014, 05:02 PM
RE: Sonata's AT-AT - by Sonata - 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
RE: Sonata's AT-AT - by pakrat77 - 09-24-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Sonata's AT-AT - by kresty - 09-24-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Sonata's AT-AT - by kresty - 05-26-2016, 07:03 PM