Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Pennsylvania
Combing through some of the threads provides more questions than answers (as I expected). First off, I love how this group is all about experimentation and fun. It's refreshing coming off of the TK costume build where things were so rigid. I have a few questions to post here, since my build is a few months down the road I am unsure if I should make a build thread to ask or start here. I'll let them fly and we can make a new thread if that would work better.

I'm looking at 1:1 scale but I see a lot of smaller options. Is this just for convenience for adding an RC car underneath, easier storage, or am I missing something?

Looking at shell options I see a supplier (granite earth I believe). Looks like a vacuum formed shell. Any pros or cons to that route? I assume the dimensions are consistent and the integrity and weight are a nice mix of sturdy and light. As with anything I assume availability and wait times will be a factor.

There was a thread about using a gun style transmitter but the thread fizzled out before a review. Any first hand comparisons with them?

Any RC forums I could join for inspiration?

On the fence between greeblies (which some of the hand made ones on this forum are awesome) and Rebels-style lights. Pretty sure that will just be builders preference but any input on them is appreciated.

Finally, what advice did you wish you had when you started? I'm looking at build threads and I requested to join the Facebook group. Am I missing a holy grail-style build document or website?

It's a lot but any direction helps. Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Hello from Pennsylvania - by zavalanskiaj - 04-18-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: Hello from Pennsylvania - by savagecreature - 04-18-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Hello from Pennsylvania - by kresty - 04-18-2017, 11:35 AM
Hello from Pennsylvania - by zavalanskiaj - 04-23-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: Hello from Pennsylvania - by savagecreature - 04-23-2017, 05:48 PM
RE: Hello from Pennsylvania - by kresty - 04-23-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: Hello from Pennsylvania - by kresty - 04-23-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Hello from Pennsylvania - by kresty - 04-23-2017, 08:41 PM