Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Wildcat country
Hello, gang. I'm Dyne. You may have seen my intro post on Astromech. If so, the rebeldroids-specific info will be at the end and you can skip a few paragraphs. Smile

I am a your typical geeky personage. I am a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, so over the years I've done 3D modeling and CAD, programming, electronics, 3d printing, and just general prop-building.

I am pretty far along with my first "droid" projects, which are Artie Deco from the old Hardware Wars spoof, and my own extrapolation of BB-8 into that setting (named BBL-BBQ). After finally talking to some of the droid builders at this year's Dragoncon, rather than merely admiring their droids at a distance, I finally decided that it was time to start building a proper Star Wars droid myself.

Naturally, I chose R2-D2.

*crickets chirp*

*someone coughs in embarrassment*

However, I know that that will be a loooong build, especially on my highly limited budget. Therefore, I wanted an easier/shorter/cheaper build to do while I research and plan R2, to help fend off the urge to rush things. Also, I wanted something that I could customize rather than worrying overmuch about screen accuracy.

Ever since ANH, my favorite "other" droid has been the WED Treadwell, which is probably as diverse a type as the Astromechs. So that is what I plan to work on. Most likely I'll be incorporating a fair amount of 3D printing above the base, so it's good to see people already working on that.

Messages In This Thread
Hello from Wildcat country - by Dyne - 09-12-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: Hello from Wildcat country - by Murasaki - 09-12-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Hello from Wildcat country - by kresty - 09-14-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: Hello from Wildcat country - by Dyne - 09-15-2016, 04:32 AM
RE: Hello from Wildcat country - by kresty - 09-15-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: Hello from Wildcat country - by brezjim - 09-16-2016, 05:17 PM