Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CnC construction
I'm almost done with all the printed parts. I got to printing the legs and discovered that when I print the files provided the conduit won't fit where it's supposed to. I tried everything. Ultimately my efforts ended up destroying the part. Instead of just printing yet another and destroying that one, too, I fired up Solidworks and created a new model for the part.

[Image: normal_CnC_image_04.jpg]

The provided models are .stl, which aren't editable, so creating a new one from scratch was pretty much my only choice. I tried to make the new one as much like the old one as I could, just with properly sized holes and fittings so everything would go together like it was supposed to.

Once all four of those were printed that left only the feet to be done. I printed one and discovered that it, too, had the same fitting issues that the top of the legs did, so I'll have to rebuild that model as well.

I wasn't wildly excited to do that right away, so I cut all the conduit lengths instead. Then I took all the parts I currently have and put them together to see what it looked like.

This is what I've got so far:

[Image: normal_CnC_image_03.jpg]

Currently it has a 36 x 36 in cutting area and a foot print of 47 x47 in.  Now that it's put together that's a lot bigger than seemed in my head, so I don't know if I'll leave it that size or trim it down later.

Messages In This Thread
CnC construction - by savagecreature - 04-17-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: CnC construction - by Rhyno45 - 04-17-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: CnC construction - by kresty - 04-18-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: CnC construction - by savagecreature - 04-18-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: CnC construction - by kresty - 04-24-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: CnC construction - by savagecreature - 04-22-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: CnC construction - by savagecreature - 04-24-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: CnC construction - by kresty - 04-24-2016, 07:22 PM