Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daughter board Mounting Clarification
Can anyone clarify how the daughter boards are attached to the side panels?

I can't find a clear picture, is there chips under the daughter boards? or
empty sockets and glued onto them?

-= Lumpy =-

Red-Deer R2-D2
My budget daughter boards. lol

[Image: rvS4S6K.jpg]
Those look amazing!!!!

Basically they had header pins on the backs that plugged into the sockets (so they replace a chip).

The originals were "found" circuit boards from old dead electronics. Most of those found boards were just sockets with chips (obviously), and they varied between droids (unclear to me which may have been screen used, I'm not sure that our "canonical" references are actually screen used.)

Anyhoo, what happened with boards like that sometimes is that they were built for multiple purposes &/or modified. Apparently someone decided that the circuit didn't have an appropriate chip or that it wasn't wired right or they could make it better or something, so they replaced the chip with a little daughterboard to correct whatever the deficiency was.
Given how cheap chips can be, I'm not sure how "budget" it is, considering the laser time Smile

… but wow, those are amazing, they look great!

(02-28-2018, 10:20 PM)Lumpy Wrote: My budget daughter boards. lol

[Image: rvS4S6K.jpg]
(03-05-2018, 12:56 PM)kresty Wrote: Given how cheap chips can be, I'm not sure how "budget" it is, considering the laser time Smile

… but wow, those are amazing, they look great!
Thanks... 
I don't pay for laser time. lol 
Heck I used free scrap material too.
Smile

Well, I reconsidered, those won't take long to cut - pennies instead of dimes Smile

Regardless, they look good enough I'd do them your way!