Rebel Droids.net
My build list, and a pepakura idea - Printable Version

+- Rebel Droids.net (http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to rebel droids! (http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The droids you're looking for (http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: My build list, and a pepakura idea (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2

My build list, and a pepakura idea - Conqueror_Worm - 12-10-2014

My interest is primarily in the original trilogy droids. I've been collecting reference material for 2-1B medical droid, 8D8, CZ-3, the Death Star Droid, EV-9D9, FX-7, Gonk Droids, IG88, Mouse Droids, Probe Droids, C3PO style Protocol Droids, Astromechs, and Treadwells. I haven't started any builds yet.

Does anyone remember the computer game "Star Wars Droid Works"? It might be a good source of reference if we could rip the droid models and textures from the game and create pepakura files from them. I've seen it done with other games, and I've experimented with ripping files from Tomb Raider and Quake, but I've never created a decent pep file from them. Does anyone else have experience with this? Even if the files aren't useful for full size droids, it would still be fun to mix and match parts and build small paper models. If only I could find my game disk...

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - kresty - 12-11-2014

Wow that's a lot of droids, guess it's time to get started!

Medical droid would be a challenge, it was all bones.

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - Conqueror_Worm - 12-20-2014

I found my droid works disk, and I figured out how to rip the files for all the droid parts. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the .3do, .mat, and .key files it gave me...

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - savagecreature - 12-20-2014

cool!

If you'd like you can pass some of them on to me and I could see what I could do with them. I have a lot of 3D software and I'm pretty sure I could convert them to something usable.

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - Conqueror_Worm - 01-03-2015

Thanks! I guess I'll start with this one, the medical droid head:
[Image: 1mhead.rle]
(Let me know if this image doesn't show up. It's a .rle, seems like an obscure format.)

Here is the 3do file
It also has a couple .key files, which seem to be for animation:
Dance.key
Walk.key
and some .mat files, which seem to be textures:
bak
bakcolor
fac
faccolor

Also, found this info about it in a .pls file:

PART 1mhead01
RESTRICTED
NAME AutoMed Specialty Medical Head
TYPE Head
VOICE MM
DESC Protocol head equipped with medical knowledge, binocular visual sensors, and cybot vocabulator.
MATERIALS "Aluminum Alloy" Copper Plastic
NONMAGNETIC
MEDICAL
DURABILITY 2

IMAGE 1mhead.rle
ICON 1mheadicon.RLE
Spin 1mhead.FLC

MASS 18

ANIMATIONS

walk 1mhead01_Walk.key
dance 1mhead01_dance.key
END_ANIMS

END_PART

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - kresty - 04-12-2017

Hmm, links not found, I guess we should've scarfed them up when they were online Smile

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - kresty - 04-12-2017

I was trying to organize some of the information in the wiki and several of the droids you mentioned that you were collecting info for we don't seem to have much material. So: anything good you can share?

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - gizmoduck - 05-17-2017

(12-10-2014, 09:32 PM)Conqueror_Worm Wrote: My interest is primarily in the original trilogy droids.  I've been collecting reference material for 2-1B medical droid, 8D8, CZ-3, the Death Star Droid, EV-9D9, FX-7, Gonk Droids, IG88, Mouse Droids, Probe Droids, C3PO style Protocol Droids, Astromechs, and Treadwells.  I haven't started any builds yet.

Does anyone remember the computer game "Star Wars Droid Works"?  It might be a good source of reference if we could rip the droid models and textures from the game and create pepakura files from them.  I've seen it done with other games, and I've experimented with ripping files from Tomb Raider and Quake, but I've never created a decent pep file from them.  Does anyone else have experience with this?  Even if the files aren't useful for full size droids, it would still be fun to mix and match parts and build small paper models.  If only I could find my game disk...

absolutely love pepakura..my chosen method of building.looking forward to seeing this hapen.

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - gizmoduck - 05-19-2017

(05-17-2017, 06:47 AM)gizmoduck Wrote:
(12-10-2014, 09:32 PM)Conqueror_Worm Wrote: My interest is primarily in the original trilogy droids.  I've been collecting reference material for 2-1B medical droid, 8D8, CZ-3, the Death Star Droid, EV-9D9, FX-7, Gonk Droids, IG88, Mouse Droids, Probe Droids, C3PO style Protocol Droids, Astromechs, and Treadwells.  I haven't started any builds yet.

Does anyone remember the computer game "Star Wars Droid Works"?  It might be a good source of reference if we could rip the droid models and textures from the game and create pepakura files from them.  I've seen it done with other games, and I've experimented with ripping files from Tomb Raider and Quake, but I've never created a decent pep file from them.  Does anyone else have experience with this?  Even if the files aren't useful for full size droids, it would still be fun to mix and match parts and build small paper models.  If only I could find my game disk...

absolutely love pepakura..my chosen method of building.looking forward to seeing this hapen.

a google search of pitdroid pepakura gives this...never mind cant figure out how to link a file...but i have a full scale pepakura model of a pit droid unfolded and ready to print and build.

RE: My build list, and a pepakura idea - kresty - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 07:37 PM)gizmoduck Wrote: a google search of pitdroid pepakura gives this...never mind cant figure out how to link a file...but i have a full scale pepakura model of a pit droid unfolded and ready to print and build.

You can copy the link from the address bar? Or right click and say copy or copy link?