Rebel Droids.net
My smallest build log - Printable Version

+- Rebel Droids.net (http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Droid Discussions (http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Build logs (http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: My smallest build log (/showthread.php?tid=433)

My smallest build log - kresty - 01-12-2018

RE: My smallest build log - deathproof - 01-12-2018

Beautiful work - nice detail. What sort of paint do you use for action figures? I've always wondered the best type to use.

RE: My smallest build log - kresty - 01-12-2018

To be clear the figure is an old one, didn't mean to be misleading. Just printed the Sentry to the right scale. It's poorly painted with Games Workshop paint because that was sitting in the box nearby.

RE: My smallest build log - deathproof - 01-13-2018

(01-12-2018, 08:50 PM)kresty Wrote: To be clear the figure is an old one, didn't mean to be misleading.  Just printed the Sentry to the right scale.  It's poorly painted with Games Workshop paint because that was sitting in the box nearby.

I know. The other is a vintage Luke in X-Wing Fighter jumpsuit. (with brown hair, for some reason - never quite understood how Kenner got that wrong) but the detail on the little sentry still looks very good.

But in general, I've customized a couple of Star Wars figures before and I always wondered the best type of paint to use.

RE: My smallest build log - kresty - 01-13-2018

(01-13-2018, 02:59 PM)deathproof Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 08:50 PM)kresty Wrote: To be clear the figure is an old one, didn't mean to be misleading.  Just printed the Sentry to the right scale.  It's poorly painted with Games Workshop paint because that was sitting in the box nearby.

I know. The other is a vintage Luke in X-Wing Fighter jumpsuit. (with brown hair, for some reason - never quite understood how Kenner got that wrong) but the detail on the little sentry still looks very good.

But in general, I've customized a couple of Star Wars figures before and I always wondered the best type of paint to use.

Ah Smile  Our "go-to" paint is the Games Workshop stuff just because we have it sitting around and we had people show us how to paint with it.  (Dropped by a Warhammer 40K night at the local store and painted stuff.)  Nothing magical about it though.

I'm not sure how it'd stick long term on that funny rubbery stuff the Kenner toys are made of.  That's what we painted Lara's lightsabers and Rey staff with though.

(I just noticed his boot/pants legs bottoms are really different, I wonder how they screwed that up.)

I kept all my old SW toys from when I was a kid, but don't really collect them.  However when I went downstairs to look in the box, I only found Luke and Chewie!  I figured Chewie wouldn't be a great reference for scale, so Luke got the gig) CameraDroid MSE

RE: My smallest build log - deathproof - 01-13-2018

(01-13-2018, 03:14 PM)kresty Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:59 PM)deathproof Wrote:

Ah Smile  Our "go-to" paint is the Games Workshop stuff just because we have it sitting around and we had people show us how to paint with it.  (Dropped by a Warhammer 40K night at the local store and painted stuff.)  Nothing magical about it though.

I'm not sure how it'd stick long term on that funny rubbery stuff the Kenner toys are made of.  That's what we painted Lara's lightsabers and Rey staff with though.

(I just noticed his boot/pants legs bottoms are really different, I wonder how they screwed that up.)

I kept all my old SW toys from when I was a kid, but don't really collect them.  However when I went downstairs to look in the box, I only found Luke and Chewie!  I figured Chewie wouldn't be a great reference for scale, so Luke got the gig) CameraDroid MSE

I sold all mine... wish I hadn't. I kind of started collecting again, but I'm concentrating purely on droids only. Going movie by movie.

RE: My smallest build log - kresty - 01-21-2018

I err'd, this one's smaller.

[Image: normal_3D_Printed_Mouse_Droid_28329.jpg]

Well, these two...

[Image: normal_3D_Printed_Mouse_Droid_28429.jpg]

[Image: normal_3D_Printed_Mouse_Droid_28229.jpg]

[Image: normal_3D_Printed_Mouse_Droid_28129.jpg]

RE: My smallest build log - kresty - 01-22-2018

Oops, printed too many mice

[Image: attachment.php?aid=241]

It was truly a mistake, I tried to print another motor mount for the H015 and apparently I cursored up to the wrong file. A while later Lara was like "why are you printing more mice?"

[attachment=241]